Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy 12TH Birthday DREAMCAST

Dreamcast Pictures, Images and Photos


OH Sega Dreamcast, How I love you! Back in 1999 I remember proudly walking to the mall in the rain to pre-order you from KB Toys. You were the best system after NES that I've ever, and still do, owned. You were the First of the generation, and honestly the best in my opinion. You beat the PS2, Gamecube, and the Xbox to Market. You also were the first console to have online play, by the built in 56k modem. I only wish it would have lasted a little longer.



Your Launch titles were freaking awesome too. I remember being thrilled at Sonic Adventure, Hydro Thunder, Crazy Taxi, Ready to Rumble Boxing, and Many others. The Fighting freak in me was Super excited for Arcade Perfect ports of PowerStone, Soul Calibur, and Marvel vs. Capcom. I wasn't even a huge fan of sports games, But I got all the 2K series, and played them a lot! Don't even get me started on Skies of Arcadia, or Jet Set Radio!

With support from Midway, Capcom, Eidos, Sega themselves and Many others, I don't see why your life was so short. Sega had a hit, and was making bank though. But I guess some bigshot at Sega wanted to focus on Software only, so you died a little pre-maturely.

So, may you have a Happy Birthday Sega Dreamcast! You may no longer be produced or supported, but to steal a line from one of your Launch titles:

"THE SOUL STILL BURNS!"

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Ahhh those were the days! LOVED HYDRO THUNDER!
    I forgot to mention that on my tribute! http://rez2cool.blogspot.com/2011/09/albert-art-samba-de-amigo-custom-madl.html

    ReplyDelete